|Course level: Level 4 - Intermediate|
According the latest PwC Global Economic Crime and Fraud Survey, 47% of companies have experienced a fraud in the past 24 months with a total reported loss of US$42bn. Kristin Rivera, PwC Global Forensics Leader, has this to say “when it comes to preventing and tackling fraud, our research shows that a dollar invested now is worth twice as much when fraud.”
With the onset of the global recession and increasing levels of covid related fraud, now is not the time to cut corners in your fraud risk management approach. The ICA Advanced Certificate in Managing Fraud is designed to give you actionable, practical knowledge so that you can implement key fraud management strategies in your firm. You will get to grips with global anti-fraud frameworks, the mind and motivations of a fraudster as well as gain an understanding of what the future holds in this space.
This course is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester.
This Advanced Certificate is open to anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in fraud and financial crime. However, the content of the programme requires students to possess:
• Sound educational background
• Good written English skills
This course is suitable for:
• Fraud Prevention and Investigation officers
• Employees with responsibility for internal organisational fraud
• Internal Audit and Regulatory Staff
• Law enforcement
• Individuals who have completed the ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention
By studying this qualification, you will study the following topics:
• International context
• Global anti-fraud frameworks
• Understanding risks
• The 'Fraudster'
• Formulating an effective counter-fraud strategy
• Managing the response to fraud
• The future of fraud
• 6-month course assessed by 2 written assignments (2,000 – 2,500 words)
• A mixture of guided online study and participation in live sessions:
- 1 x virtual classroom
- 1 x immersive learning scenario (putting you at the centre of a story)
- 2 x assessment preparation sessions
• Videos covering the latest industry developments and case studies
• Access to the ICA members’ portal containing additional reading and resources
• Proactive support throughout the course to help you stay on track
We have full syllabi available for all of our qualifications. Click here to download a syllabus for this course
In order to study for an ICA qualification, you will need to become a member of ICA. If you're not currently a member of the ICA, you will be required to register as an ICA student member.
Whether you are just starting out in your career, already hold an ICA qualification or are an experienced practitioner, there is a level appropriate for you and this will be activated at the same time as your course commences.
Course fees stated exclude VAT or local tax where applicable
Membership Fee: $100* (Student membership)
*Payable unless you are already an ICA Member.