|Course level: Level 6 - Advanced|
This advanced level course will better equip you to meet the many challenges associated with identifying, understanding and mitigating financial crime risks including fraud, cybercrime, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. It will deepen your understanding and enhance your professional credibility.
This course is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester.
Learners are required to have ONE of the following:
• A degree or professional qualification in an appropriate discipline:
• Attainment of an ICA International Advanced Certificate:
• Three years relevant work experience:
A good standard of spoken and written English is required for this course. :
This course is suitable for: :
• Fraud Prevention and Investigation Officers, Managers and Deputies:
• MLROs and Deputies:
• Managers with responsibility for internal organisational fraud, financial crime and AML controls:
• Risk Managers:
• Advisory and investigation roles:
• Internal Audit and Regulatory Staff:
• Law enforcement:
• Individuals who have completed the ICA International Diploma in AML or the ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention:
• Understanding and managing financial crime:
• Practical application of the International Standards:
• The prevention and detection of specific financial crime risks:
• Data and information security:
• Bribery and corruption:
• Electronic crime
• Investigation, prosecution and recovery
• 9-month course assessed by 3 written assignments (3,000 – 3,500 words)
• A mixture of guided online study and participation in live sessions:
- 2 x virtual classrooms
- 1 x immersive learning scenario (putting you at the centre of a story)
- 3 x tutorials (a chance to discuss elements of the course in more depth)
- 3 x assessment preparation sessions
• Videos covering the latest industry developments and case studies
• Access to the ICA members’ portal containing additional reading and resources
• Proactive support throughout the course to help you stay on track
We have full syllabi available for all of our qualifications. Click here to download a syllabus for this course
In order to study for an ICA qualification, you will need to become a member of ICA. If you're not currently a member of the ICA, you will be required to register as an ICA student member.
Whether you are just starting out in your career, already hold an ICA qualification or are an experienced practitioner, there is a level appropriate for you and this will be activated at the same time as your course commences.
Course fees stated exclude VAT or local tax where applicable
Membership Fee: $100* (Student membership)
*Payable unless you are already an ICA Member.