Once considered solely a tool of online communities and having a strong association with abuse by the criminal underworld, these assets are now mainstream and are being used by businesses across the globe.
Understanding these terms still remains a challenge for many, particularly those working in financial services who may have clients working with these currencies and assets or take them as payment methods.
This course will provide clarity around the range of terms used, the key features of these devices, the risks associated with them and also how they might be used as a control mechanism.
- Discover how the relationship between financial services and technology has evolved over time
- Understand the benefits of Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT)
- Explore what blockchain means and how they are used
- Learn about cryptocurrencies, Fiat currencies and the key features of Bitcoin
- Understand the risks associated with cryptocurrencies and how technology can be used to reduce financial crime
For further information watch this video: https://tinyurl.com/ica-crypto-intro-vid