|Course level: Level 2 - Specialist|
Trade based money laundering is a highly effective way to launder the proceeds of crime or finance terrorism. By exploiting the complexities of international trade, criminals can transmit huge amounts of value across borders with little chance of detection.
This course will enable you to compare and contrast the trade-based money laundering typologies such as variable pricing and goods. Gain an understanding of how financial crime risk can manifest and be mitigated in this huge global marketplace.
An affordable, online course allowing you to study in your own time and at your own pace. Within one to three months, you can certify your specialist knowledge in this area by gaining an ICA Certificate.
This course is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester.
ICA Specialist Certificates are designed for anyone wanting focused yet accessible knowledge in specific areas of risk. They are suitable either for those working in the first and second lines of defence looking to certify existing specialist areas of knowledge, or for those looking to increase their professional agility by learning about new areas of risk.
To get the most from the course, a good standard of English is required.
• Regulatory environment, risks and impacts on the world of corporate banking and financial markets
• Market abuse, fraud and manipulation, tax evasion, sanctions risk
• Risk exposure and specific customer typologies
• Financial markets products and their susceptibility to financial crime
• The CDD process
• Study in your own time and at your own pace
• Course can be completed in as little as 4 weeks but you will have access for up to 3 months
• Assessed by a 1 hour online multiple-choice exam
• Your results are available immediately
• Downloadable certificate to demonstrate your achievement
We have full syllabi available for all of our qualifications. Click here to download a syllabus for this course
In order to study for an ICA qualification, you will need to become a member of ICA. If you're not currently a member of the ICA, you will be required to register as an ICA student member.
Whether you are just starting out in your career, already hold an ICA qualification or are an experienced practitioner, there is a level appropriate for you and this will be activated at the same time as your course commences.
Course fees stated exclude VAT or local tax where applicable
These fees include a downloadable certificate which you are able to print. Should you require a hard copy posted, there is a fee of £50 plus VAT if applicable.
Membership Fee: $100* (Student membership)
*Payable unless you are already an ICA Member.